Bra Making Blogs & Resources
I’ve been keeping a list of bra making blogs- I wished for this resource when I became interested in sewing lingerie. If you sew lingerie or make bras, or if you’re considering trying; this list is for you.
Bra Making Blogs
- Click this link to read Natasha’s BraMaking Blog. She also sells some of the most carefully curated bra making supplies at ArteCrafts, and has a wonderful Group on Facebook; The Bra Making Forum.
- The Merckwaerdigh Blog is chalk full of tips and tutorials for bra making, including some of the more advanced stuff. Margaret also sells extremely cleverly designed bra patterns and bra making kits in her Etsy shop. (Her patterns don’t leave out the larger sizes, either.)
- Emerald Erin sews beautiful bras, lingerie, and swimwear. She also hosts the Bra-A-Week Challenge, and showcases everyone’s lovely makes. I’ve found many of the blogs on this list from her site!
- Amy from ClothHabit is a blog you’re probably familiar with. She’s the designer of the Watson Bra, and hosted the Watson Sew Along and the Bra Making Sew Along. Those series alone will give you much of the foundation you need to make well fitting bras.
- Madalynne sews beautiful, amazing things. The photography will inspire you to sew lingerie! She hosts bra making and pattern drafting workshops, and sells custom lingerie in her shop.
- The Curvy Sewing Collective has tons of bra and panty pattern reviews, as well as fitting tips. Boobs are like snowflakes: they are all so different that almost all of us will need to make adjustments to any pattern. CSS writes about all manner of women’s wear, so search for what your looking for, and be sure to check out the resource page.
- Silver Lining Atelier is a fabulous resource. You’ll find bra and corset makes, pattern reviews, tips for sewing different types of fabric, and lots of sewing tips specific to bra making. I’ve found the posts about power bars to be particularly useful.
- The Lingerie Addict is a must read blog for sewists and consumers of all things lingerie. The team reviews lingerie and bras from all over, and you’ll pick up lots of information about construction and fit. I believe at least two of the writers make corsets and lingerie as well.
- The Orange Lingerie blog has a plethora of info, and the shop carries several incredibly popular bra patterns.
Here are some bloggers that don’t sew lingerie exclusively, but have several bra makes under their belt. You may need to type bra or lingerie the search bar.
- Miss Maddy Sews
- Ohhh Lulu *also designs bralette and panty patterns on Etsy
- Closet Case Files
- Very Purple Person
- A Hand Stitched Life
- The Nerdy Seamstress
- Red Heels
- Sew Pretty In Pink
- Sew Anemone
- Rebel Angel
- Michelle’s Creations
*Dont forget, almost every indie pattern designer has hashtags for their patterns!
Bra making took the Internet by storm the last couple years. I’m fashionably late to the party; and I’m sure I’m missing some good resources. Please leave a comment or email me if you have a recommendation for a bra making blog, forum, or social media group. I don’t want to miss anyone!
I’d like to fill up my Pinterest and Instagram feeds with bra making blogs, so I’d love your links! Here’s my Pinterest board: Sewing Bras, Lingerie, & Swimwear.