Floral Tank Dress | Simplicity 1358
A floral tank dress is just what I needed to survive this heat. I’ve been too busy to sew much, and Simplicity 1358 is a fast make.
The fabric is from Girl Charlee, and there was just enough sheerness to require a nude lining. I made the dress and lining separately, then basted the neckline and armcyes together before attaching the binding. Even with the extra steps, it still took longer to cut than it did to sew.
I made a striped high-low version of Simplicity 1358 a couple years ago. I complained about what a workout it is to cut women’s garments on the floor in that post.
I’m in a new sewing room now, but I’m still cutting on the floor and crawling around like a maniac. However, it’s very clear from comparing these photos to the previous post that the extra floor space has caused my fitness to suffer. I will have to pick up the slack by lifting pattern weights, pumping the iron, and speed sewing. I might even set up my knee lift pressor foot to tone my legs.
Here’s the back of my dress. Maybe the way I was standing made the hem rise a bit in this picture; either that or I need to curve the back hem down a bit.
I really tried for great photos because it’s such a simple project. The remote battery went out and my fabulous baby girl helped out. (Not a bad job but I think she price gouged me.)
In my imagination I was tractor-chic, but in real life I just need to mow. I made lots of weird faces and crazy eyes, probably because the rain last week turned my place into a jungle. I was afraid some type of creature would attack at any moment. I spent this whole week getting half of my acreage mowed, and just this morning I got my Cub Cadet bottomed out on a ledge. I may have to lift and drag a tractor today, but hey…I do it in style.
Until next time!